We are grateful to Ray Bradley, Philip John, and Kate Jones for the new LIDAR imagery of Leverett
- Leverett Trails on Protected Land – overview of all the trails; not really a trail map
- Bill Rivers Conservation Area Trails
- Cave Hill Area Trails – now an eBird Hot Spot
- Dan Glazier Forest Trail
- East Leverett to Long Hill Trails – has 3 eBird Hot Spots
- Rattlesnake Gutter Area Trails – also an eBird Hot Spot
- Roaring Brook and Bates Sanctuary Trails
Lost and Found on the Trails
Find something on a trail? Take it to the new Trails Lost and Found Box in the front entrance of the Town Hall.
Looking for something you lost on a trail? Go to that same box!
Peripatetic Poetry Boxes
Well, not technically peripatetic because they don’t keep moving, but two have moved:
- The Bill Rivers Trail box is now next to the new bench on the knoll at the Donald H. Bates Sanctuary
- The Bog Bridges Trail box is now next to a bench looking out on the newly-cleared Gordon King Life Estate pond (just east of the blueberries)
But you can be peripatetic as you walk, find the boxes, read the poems – and write new ones. The poetry boxes locations are shown on two maps listed above: East Leverett to Long Hill Trails and Roaring Brook and Bates Sanctuary Trails.
Downloading the Trails (if you use Google Earth or smart phone gps apps)
This link includes “.kmz” files of the trails that Google Earth can use and a “.gpx” file that MotionX-GPS (and some other smart phone apps) can use. There is good help from the program websites and by just googling your problem, but here are some random suggestions for:
- Importing the Leverett Trails .kmz files to Google Earth
- Importing the Leverett Trail .gpx file to MotionX-GPS
These digital maps were prepared by humans. If you see a mistake, please send along suggestions.
- Looking for half-hour or one-hour trail loops? Use this (draft) list.
- Birds of Leverett (updated July 2017, print back-to-back on legal length paper)
- Moths of Leverett
- Trails of Leverett: The Big Picture – The Watersheds (print back-to-back)
- What is a Trail Steward?
- Massachusetts Hunting Regulations (includes a link to the hunting season calendar)